Flight Control Department
|Flight Control Department|
Lieutenant JG Felix Langston
The Flight Control department is ultimately responsible for the piloting the USS Black Hawk and its crew, and her auxiliary craft.
Responsible for the navigation and flight control of a vessel and its auxiliary craft, the Flight Control department includes pilots trained in both starship and auxiliary craft piloting. Note that the Flight Control department does not include Fighter pilots. For fighter pilots, please visit the 325th Fighter Squadron.
Positions & Roles
- Main Article: Flight Control Positions
13 people (9 Officers and 4 Enlisted) make up the Command Department. The following are the Key Positions.
- Chief Flight Control Officer
- Chief Shuttlecraft Pilot
To read more about these roles, and the other roles in the flight control department, please see this Main Article.
Flight Control Policies, Procedures and Information
- Bridge - The primary responsibilities of the flight control officer are course plotting, position verification and supervision of manual and automatic flight operations. It may also be necessary to slave other consoles and assume control of other systems as requested by the Command Staff.
- Bridge Liaison to Engineering - The flight control officer is the primary bridge liaison to engineering regarding the status of systems pertaining to the engines of the starship. They monitor and report to engineering on engine problems that are registering on their console and with the navigational deflector.
- Shuttle or Flight Bay - This area can be named either according to ship class. The flight control officers should be well aware of all shuttles assigned to their ship and what their capabilities are. The Flight Control Staff is also responsible for the overseeing and training of all Shuttle Pilots.
- Flight Certification - The FCO is to oversee any member of the crew wishing to be certified in piloting the shuttles. This also holds true for any member of the ships crew that wishes to retain their flight certification. They will be required to go through the same rigorous tests that the shuttle pilots go through to retain their certification every six months.
- USS Mississippi, Danube-Class Runabout
- USS Euphrates, Danube-Class Runabout
- 8x Type-15 Shuttlepod
- 3x Type-6 Shuttlecraft
- 3x Type-8 Shuttlecraft
- 2x Type-11 Shuttlecraft
- 6x Workbee
- Main Bridge, Deck 1
- Chief Flight Control Officer's Office, Deck 3
- Flight Deck, Deck 11
- Shuttlebay, Deck 13
|IMPORTANT ERRATA||Command Department • Command Positions • General Orders • Starship Security Procedures • Operating Modes • Orbits • Bearings and Navigation • Defensive Maneuvers • Offensive Maneuvers|
|NOTABLE LOCATIONS|| Main Bridge • Captain's Ready Room • Observation Lounge|
Executive Officer's Office • Auxiliary Control • Administration
|PERSONNEL FUNCTIONS||Alert Status • Cabin Assignments • Computer Access Levels • Deck Listing • Department Head • Duty Roster • Operating Modes • Security Clearances • Starfleet Rank Guide • Uniforms|
|DEPARTMENTS|| Command • Flight Control • Intelligence • Operations • Engineering|
Security/Tactical • Medical • Science • Squadron • Civilians