|Speed & Armaments|
Warp 4 (4 hours)
The Type-6 Personnel Shuttlecraft is currently in widespread use throughout Starfleet, and is only recently being replaced by the slightly newer Type-8 Shuttle of similar design. The Uprated version of this vessel is considered to be the ideal choice for short-range interplanetary travel, and its large size makes it suitable to transport personnel and cargo over these distances. A short-range transporter is installed onboard, allowing for easy beam out of cargo and crew to and from their destination. Atmospheric flight capabilities allow for this shuttle type to land on planetary surfaces. Ships of this type are currently in use aboard virtually every medium to large sized starship class, as well as aboard stations and Starbases.
The Type-6 is perhaps the most successful shuttle design to date, and its overall structure and components are the foundations upon which the Type-8, -9, and -10 spaceframes are based.
- Type: Light short-range warp shuttle.
- Accommodation: Two flight crew, six passengers.
- Power Plant: One 50 cochrane warp engine, two 750 millicochrane impulse engines, four RCS thrusters.
- Dimensions: Length, 6.0 m; beam, 4.4 m; height 2.7 m.
- Mass: 3.38 metric tones.
- Performance: Sustained Warp 8.
- Armament: Two Type-IV phaser emitters.
Information adapted from A Call to Duty