|Speed & Armaments|
.8c (20 minutes)
Developed in the mid-2360s, the Type-18 Shuttlepod is somewhat of a departure from the traditional layout for ships of its size. In response to the growing threat of conflicts with various galactic powers bordering or near to the Federation, this shuttlepod was designed to handle more vigorous assignments that still fell into the short-range roles of a shuttlepods. Even with her parent vessel under attack, the Type-18 was designed to function in battle situations and could even be used as an escape vehicle should the need arise. Lacking a warp core, the pod is a poor choice for travel beyond several million kilometers. Ships of this type are seeing limited deployment on various border patrol and defensive starship classes, including the Defiant-, Sabre-, and Steamrunner-class.
- Type: Medium short-range sublight shuttle
- Accommodation: Two; pilot and system manager
- Power Plant: Two 800 millicochrane impulse driver engines, four RCS thrusters, four sarium krellide storage cells
- Dimensions: Length, 4.5 m; beam, 3.1 m; height 1.8 m.
- Mass: 1.12 metric tones
- Performance: Maximum delta-v, 16,750 m/sec.
- Armament: Three Type-V phaser emitters
Information adapted from A Call to Duty