|Speed & Armaments|
Warp 4 (3 hours)
Based upon the frame of the Type-6, the Type-8 Shuttlecraft is the most capable follow-up in the realm of personnel shuttles. Only slightly larger, the Type-8 is equipped with a medium-range transporter and has the ability to travel within a planet’s atmosphere. With a large cargo area that can also seat six passengers, the shuttle is a capable transport craft. Slowly replacing its elder parent craft, the Type-8 is now seeing rapid deployment on all medium to large starships, as well as to Starbases and stations throughout the Federation.
- Type: Light long-range warp shuttle.
- Accommodation: Two flight crew, six passengers.
- Power Plant: One 150 cochrane warp engine, two 750 millicochrane impulse engines, four RCS thrusters.
- Dimensions: Length, 6.2 m; beam, 4.5 m; height 2.8 m.
- Mass: 3.47 metric tones.
- Performance: Warp 4
- Armament: Two Type-V phaser emitters.
Information adapted from A Call to Duty